12.01.2008

CNN "Heroes" was truly great TV

How many times have you watched the news and thought, "Why is it that all we hear about is death, dying, doom and gloom? Isn't there something out there bringing hope and meaning to people's lives that could be reported on from time to time?" It was these questions that awoke what I believe to be my calling to enter into the media and creative fields...to possibly be a catalyst for change. And it was this presentation by CNN on Thanksgiving that brought a broad smile to my face called "Heroes :: Ordinary people, Extraordinary impact."

I only had a chance to watch about 30 minutes of this profoundly inspiring "Oscars of Charity and Kindness". Wow...amazing stories from ordinary people doing something to make a difference in people's lives all around this world. I teared up several times and kept smiling ear to ear...media at its best. John Legend's "If Your Out There" was the icing on the cake to close the celebration.

Yes...I love the actual Oscar's but in the end aren't they simply Hollywood patting itself on its back? This presentation provided more fuel to an already burning fire in many people's hearts to look beyond themselves. And as a follower of Jesus it helped me regain so often what I lose in the blur of life...the hope and sustainable change offering love to others brings.

I'm sure re-runs will be airing for the next week or two so make sure you DVR it and enjoy.

No comments: