8.15.2007

10 Movies Hollywood should but won't make

Cracked.com has a fascinating list about the movies Hollywood should but will never make.

Personally I would love to see the 3 novels written as sequels to the original Star Wars movies. As long as George Lucas surrendered his writer's scribe and director's lens for a producers credit like he did in Empire Strikes Back...the best of the three. If you haven't read the novels by Hugo Award winning sci-fi author Timothy Zahn, check them out... Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command.

2 comments:

Chad Wright said...

I completely agree. Those would have made great follow-ups instead of what we ended up with.

I also agree about Lucas getting someone else to write and direct. I'm really curious to see what he does after Star Wars. I wonder if his next efforts will be as stiff.

Ryan Hartsock said...

Frankly I think George Lucas has a great imagination but has proven to be little outside of Star Wars. Sure there was "American Graffiti" and "THX1138"...but his storytelling abilities don't seem to be the same caliber as Spielberg or Scorsese (the same era of directors).