3.10.2008

Follow the evidence wherever it leads...

My brother sent me the trailer for the upcoming documentary from Ben Stein. You know him best as the monotone teacher telling us about Vodoo Economics in "Ferris Bueller" but his accomplishments run much more intellectual than that.

Through his life and intellectual pursuits he has seen a seemingly contradictory trend emerge...freedom of speech in the field of science being eradicated. "Expelled" tells the story of professors and scientists who have dared to challenge Neo-Darwinism in academia. I'm excited for a film like this to come out. People celebrate the films of Michael Moore because they challenge the authorities around us so to see their response to this will be interesting.

1 comment:

Ryan Guard said...

What's up Ryan, this is Ryan Guard. I'm looking forward to hanging with you this weekend. I saw this post and remembered something a friend of mine wrote about this movie on his blog. Check it out, and I'll see ya Sunday.

http://stevecarter.typepad.com/thegreenroom/2008/03/expelled.html