5.02.2007

Organization + Hope

I just spent the evening sorting through all the pieces that make Four Corners Church happen with about 15 other guys. We sorted, tossed, cleaned, and streamlined our process.

I take a lot of joy in taking something good and creating the makings of something great. That's how I feel right now with it all...we are on the verge. God is taking us somewhere we have only begun to see.

My job title is getting slightly tweaked by Ben to meet one of the most pressing needs in our community and I'm excited to rise to the occasion. I continue to believe the church is the best community on planet Earth...full of contradictions but still great. You find belonging, connectedness, meaning, joy, comfort, hilarity, profundity and levity...and in the midst of it all you realize church is full of people just like you. Normal people trying to do life who have found what God offers makes life simply better. If you can't tell, I believe the local church is the hope of the world. God has a face...

No comments: