5.12.2008

DRIVE Conference Main Session 1 :: The Multiple Choice Team

NOTE :: I'll be posting some notes over the next few days from our time at the DRIVE conference at North Point Church. If you haven't put it on your calendar for next year...don't miss it!

Main Session 1 :: The Multiple Choice Team
In this session Andy Stanley talked directly to the essential nature of a team that trusts each other and actively works to quell suspicion.

Key Points:
>> Often there are unexplainable gaps between what we expect people to do and what they actually do. We choose what we place in those gaps...suspicion or trust.

>> 2 things make it difficult for us to trust -- Who I am, What I see

>> Commitments teams need to make:
  1. When there is a gap between what I expect and what I experience, I will fill it with trust
  2. When observe someone filling a gap with suspicion, I will come to your defense.
  3. If what I experience begins to erode my trust, I will come directly to you.

Quote:
"Teams us trust as currency. If it is in short supply, then the team is poor. If trust abounds, the members of the team have purchase power with each other to access each other's gifts, talents, energy, creativity, and love. The development of trust then becomes a significant leadership strategy. Trust creates the load limits on the relationship bridges among team members." (Reggie McNeal)

No comments: