5.19.2008

Gatlinburg Get-Away


Gatlinburg, May 2008
Originally uploaded by ryanhartsock.

My family and I escaped down to Gatlinburg, TN (i.e. Hillbilly Vegas) for a few days with volunteer leaders and their families from Four Corners. It was a great time to relax and connect with people. I lost $20 in poker, got kicked off a Go-Cart track for my reckless driving and ate amazing food (thanks Greg and Amy for introducing us all to Aretha Frankenstein's Pancakes and to Randy and Yolanda for amazing Mexican cuisine!).

Time away helps give me perpective that an otherwise crowded life blurs...a deliberate place to take a breath and go back into "normal" life with renewed energy. We have some amazing people at Four Corners and their stories never cease to amaze me too. I continue to pray for God to use us time and time again in countless people's lives. Check out some more photos from the trip on my Flickr page by clicking the photo above.

No comments: