2.08.2008

Does the sun hibernate?

I have to be honest...I don't buy all this global warming tomfoolery going on. To me, it has become one of the greatest ways to fund projects for academics and yet another way to for papers/magazines/media outlets to sell people more stuff. (read the analysis based on actual news accounts throughout the 20th century flip-flopping between global warming and the coming ice age).

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not saying stewardship of the earth isn't important but when I hear it equated with the "spiritual crisis" of our time, count me out. It's not that the earth and our climate aren't changing...I just believe it has a whole lot less to do with your tailpipe and a whole lot more to do with astrophysics.

A fascinating piece was published in the Investor's Business Daily about the sun and its cycles. Definitely worth a read regardless of what side of the issue you find yourself on.