2.16.2008

VIDEO Dudes beware of new Quicktime!!

(THIS IS A POST FOR VIDEO NERDS...sorry)

I love Tubesock and how easily it can extract .flv movies from sites like YouTube BUT the latest update of Quicktime screws it all up! No longer can you watch a video...you only get audio.

So this morning I started scrambling all over the web to find a solution. I tried uninstalling the new release but the program is in so many directories I couldn't delete them all making a downgrade impossible. But I found the solution:

1. Go to PACIFIER and download
2. Download the 7.3 release of Quicktime
3. Install Pacifier and have it install the 7.3 Quicktime packet
4. Tell Pacifier to replace all existing QT files
5. DONE...everything back to normal.
The new version of QT is overwritten by old.

No comments: