2.27.2008

Review :: U2 3D

My wife and I sat down last night since we were unable to get tickets for U2's last tour trying to get the next best thing. 3D technology has made a tremendous resurgence but I was a bit skeptical going in...how would a concert film be that much better in 3D?

Oh how wrong I was...what I experienced was one of the most visually arresting and kinetic concert films (and films period) I have seen. The concert filmed in Brazil and Argentina was an amazing spectacle with the crowd of well over 50,000 cheering and singing their hearts out to U2's songs from their origins to their latest album. The 3D captured the lighting and movement of the stage and band to such a degree I felt part of the show.

Directed by Mark Pellington (Arlington Road) this film boasts the first live action 3D digital film and it may change the way films come at us in the future. Instead of me trying to go into this, Chris Campbell at Cinematical has a great review about the landmark nature of the film.

You don't have to be a fan (although that doesn't hurt) to enjoy the film as a whole.

1 comment:

Lance Webel said...

So is this in theatres somewhere? On disc? Where can I go to immerse myself?