3.09.2007

Music this week [part 2]

Last week I started this whole Blog deal and said I would also begin a weekly (hopefully) column on music I enjoy and discover. Here's this week's:

Regina Speckor + Imogen Heap

Their voices mesmerize and hyponize me. Imogen Heap is also the lead singer of Frou Frou who brought you the song "Let Go" from the movie Garden State.

[if you want a sample, download these] Fidelity (Regina), Hide and Seek (Imogen)

Relient K :: 5 score and 7 years ago

Makes my head bounce and always fun to listen to.
[if you want a sample, download these] Must have done something right, Sadie Hawkins

Over the Rhine :: Ohio & Drunkard's Prayer
Living here in Cincinnati I thought everyone had listened to our local band truimph, Over the Rhine. But to my chagrin, I was sorely mistaken. This band is not one to miss no matter where your journey finds you geographically. Karen and Linford bring soul and depth more than almost anyone I know...almost a lyrical nakedness. Subtle and soothing... If you haven't listened to them yet...what are you waiting for?

[if you want a sample, download these] Jesus in New Orleans, Born

Grits & Pigeon John
Hip-hop with a positive message (and no, it doesn't suck)and social commentary to boot. Both these guys are amazing.

[if you want a sample download these] Oh Ah, Weight of the World


So that's this week's round up...see you next week with some more musical musings.

No comments: