4.13.2007

"Get your sexy back..."


I'm so excited for a new series starting this week at Four Corners Church called "Get your sexy back...". Paul and I worked through a ton of concepts before landing on the artwork for it all. I posted a preview here but check out the MALE and FEMALE full-size versions on Flickr.


I'm a self-admitted media nut...I love TV shows, movies, video games, music, the web, etc. But in all this creeps in a sense of disgust at the self-implosion of body image going on every day. We are told to look this way and that...perfection is just around the corner but around that corner lies another labyrinth of expectations to reach whatever IT may be for the day.

It disturbs me when I see ads like THIS Dove Beauty campaign, which make me think we are learning to live with our ourselves and then find out it is the same company that makes AXE too. A campaign riddled with scantily clad supermodels running around speaking sexual innuendos. Unilever give us a break...your hypocrisy is sickening. You're pandering to us...literally the good, the bad and the ugly.

We're going to go right at it...talking as bluntly as any church has about dating, sex and marriage. We're talking about how God has created what sexy was created to be and how we are going to reclaim sexy and live in the freedom of it. Marriages can be fresher, dating can be more meaningful and sex can be a whole lot more enjoyable. Do I hear an amen?!

If you live near Cincinnati...come check it out! If not, listen to our podcast or download the talk starting Sunday (4/15) afternoon.

No comments: