4.27.2007

United 93

I have hesitated a long time from watching this film for many reasons. I decided to watch it and was blown away...in tears at times, heart fluttering the whole time, speechless at the impact Paul Greengrass achieved with this sobering masterpiece.

He has captured the human aspect of the September 11th tragedy magnificently. I have read extensively about the happenings of that landmark day and yet he drew me in and reminded us all of the impact it had on our country. He unapologetically shows the portraits of evil the terrorists represent...innocent men and women with families and histories, slaughtered by extremists.

This is possibly one of the most important films of our generation...preventing us from forgetting .

3 comments:

Johnson said...

Ryan, I just stumbled onto your blog. I dig it. So, I linked to you. When is Ben going to blog? I'd love to be tracking that guy.

http://travisjohnson.net

wiseacredesign said...

Travis: we've been on him (and Greg) to start blogging for over a year, we even have a sweet WordPress site ready for them right here -- our fingers are crossed that it'll be soon.

Ryan Hartsock said...

Travis: I'll let him know :)