4.30.2008

Remembering transformation does happen...

I just sent the letter below to all my Team Leaders at Four Corners. I rarely share these but this note struck me as I wrote it because I often forget I get to be part of the "greatest news" on this little planet. Maybe this note will remind you too...

Team,

Lately I have been struck by this saying, "the greatest news ever heard". I'm an avid news reader and most news is NOT good...it's actually mostly depressing. And it is that fact that makes this above saying POP for me...

Jesus offers us hope, redemption, purpose, wisdom, direction, salvation and so much more in this often dark and confusing life...and what better news could we share with our friends, neighbors, co-workers and family!

Sometimes I find myself embarrassed or feel like I'm imposing on people with this news. I wouldn't feel this way if I found the cure for some deadly disease and I would tell my friends of a great book or restaurant I have found. But for some reason this "greatest news" makes me hesitate...

So here's the challenge...DON'T hesitate the next time you think about asking a friend about joining you at church or the next time a friend tells you of something difficult happening...tell them you'll be praying for them. Or the next time you see a new person wandering the halls of Four Corners...say hi and even think about asking them "You want to come serve alongside me...I love it and I think you would too!".

You are in a position to watch this "greatest news" transform people's lives all around you. You are in a position to watch your teams grow as you grow. You are in a position to be part of impacting this community and generations to come for eternity. God is working through you and I to transform this world...let's make the impact reach far and wide.

No comments: